This is the sixth and final post in a series of posts meant to outline my Ant build script template. If you’re interested, it may be helpful to read the first five:
It took entirely too long to get here, but here it is, the scripts themselves. I was trying to decide what I should write to accompany these scripts, but the truth is, I’ve probably written too much already. There may be some properties or tasks that could stand for some additional clarification, but I think both files are pretty well documented so I’m just going to set them loose on the world. Most questions are probably answered either in the script documentation itself or in one of the previous posts.
To use this script:
- Ensure that Ant is correctly installed. Yeah, I know it’s obvious, but if I didn’t say it you just know I’d get questions.
- Ensure that the required external tasks are installed.
- Download build.properties.sample and build.xml to any directory, but keep both files in the same directory.
- Copy build.properties.sample to build.properties.
- Modify the newly created build.properties file, as required.
- Modify build.xml, as required.
- Execute, execute, execute.
Feel free to ask questions or make suggestions either in the comments for this post or by using the contact form.